Schmertopia

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Head That Wouldn't Die

Photos from the 2007 Last Frontier Theatre Conference
of TBA Theatre's
The Head That Wouldn't Die by Rand Higbee





So, one week New York City, the next week...Valdez, Alaska!

Just three days after returning from our Off-Off Broadway excursion and New York debut, TBA Theatre was off to Valdez to present a wacky, campy sci-fi spoof for the Theatre Conference. The script was read as part of the Play Lab last year and Dawson Moore, Conference Coordinator and good friend, thought it was a great script for the conference and for our company!

It was a challenge to bring such a big show to the conference especially with half the cast in New York right before we left but hey, we pulled it off! The audience absolutely loved the production and the script. I have to say, it was a lot of fun, and people have been stopping us all week to say how much they enjoyed it. So... thanks Shane for casting me in this crazy part and for having faith in my abilities even when I did not. Thanks to Lindsay, Elle, Leif, Carl, Wayne, Krissy and Todd for being so damn good in your roles. Thanks to Rand for the absolutely fun script and outrageous character. Thanks Megan for the wig and that great poster. Thanks Petra, Wayne, Shane and Dave for late nights on a crazy perfect set. Thanks Charlotte for making us look so good. And especially thanks Dawson for bringing us here!

The conference has been quite an experience - more on the conference in specific soon...


3 Comments:

  • You may have noticed that the set is very, very pink. You were super awesome and funny.

    Shane

    Oh yeah I love you sooooooooooo!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 30, 2007 4:53 PM  

  • I'm happy to hear it was such a success. Wish I could have been there.

    Congratulations!

    Matt

    PS... I didn't put this on the Broadway post, but I mean it there too!

    Matt again

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 30, 2007 6:08 PM  

  • OMG!! The set looks fantastic! Everything looks fantastic! I so wish that I had been there to see it. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it in person. Drive home safe!

    By Blogger Moogan, at June 30, 2007 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home