Schmertopia

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Broadway Bound


The New York Trip Cast


Okay, so the title to this post is a little unfair since I've already left New York, but hey, it's my blog I'll call it what I want.

Wow. What an experience. TBA Theatre was invited to present 2 shows which I directed at the Samuel French Off-Off Broadway Short Play Festival. Arlitia Jone's Grand Central and 42nd and P. Shane Mitchell's The Resurrection of Humpty Dumpty. So I now have an official NY directing credit. And Shane has both a NY acting and playwrighting credit. And, most importantly, TBA has these credits!

At three years old, we are a young company but damn, we've been kicking some but lately! Now, I don't want to sound pretentious or cocky, I'm just so proud of all of us - as a team. Of Shane for leading us to this point. Of Arlitia, and Shane again, for writing such beautiful scripts. Of my cast for making a good impression on and off stage. Of Dave & Zieh for being my volunteer crew and all around good people. Of Wayne and Megan and everyone else in Anchorage who sacrificed so much to get us there but didn't get to go themselves -the glory is theirs as well.

It was an experience I will always cherish and, though not a perfect trip, will reflect on fondly.

My deepest thanks to everyone who encouraged us over the years, and stuck with us through the hard times when others fell by the way side. I will forever be in your debt.

And I would be remiss if I didn't thank the good people at Love Creek Productions who organized the festival - they made our experience even better with their mad organizational skills and great attitudes.

Here's to where we've been and where we are going!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home